martes, 13 de abril de 2010

In the earthquake, I wasn’t in the zone affected, between VI and VIII regions. I was in the north of Chile: Arica, since fortunately was no dangerous, but this city always has been seismic, then I observed this fact like a natural thing.

My reaction in this event was of sadness, because many people died and others were missing. I impact by the force of nature and his extension of the zone.

I remember what I did after of the earthquake: I called my uncle and my friends in Santiago, but I didn’t have answer until the evening.

The lessons I learned after the earthquake were the poor preparation of the people for this event. In my city and the north coast we have signals, alarms and escape routes, but in the affected zone there were few. Apparently, we forgot we are a seismic country.

4 comentarios:

  1. like me! i was in antofagasta. good for you and your family. See you!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. you are right! people used to forget where we are! and others don't care about that (when is time to build buildings...)
    you are very lucky becouse you were really far!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. i agree with you. our country is almost entirely seismic and not every cities or regions are prepared in the same way.
    see you mario!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Good, Mario.

    Some problems with sentence formulation, though.

    Double check it with a partner, please.

    You get 2 points.

    Paula

    ResponderEliminar