martes, 25 de mayo de 2010

My favourite group




My favorite musical group is Green Day. The kind of music of Green day is Punk-Rock. Green Day is an American Rock trio formed in 1989 for Billie Joe Armstrong, Tré Cool and Mike Dirnt. At the beginning, they called the band “Sweet Children”, and later they changed it to “Green Day”.

Green Day was one of the bands that promoted the Punk trend at the 90`s. The group made his first album, called Dookie, in 1994. In the 90`s Green Day made three more albums: Insomniac, Nimrod and Warning, but these albums did not achieve the massive success of Dookie. Later, with their album American Idiot released in 2004, they reignited their popularity within a younger generation; they managed to sell five million copies in the U.S.A. The Band is enjoying now the success of his new album: 21st Century Breakdown, which was released on May 15, 2009.

Green Day has been successful at the MTV Video Music Awards, receiving nine nominations for "Baket Case", the second single from Dookie, and six awards for "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", the second single from American Idiot. The band has also received 4 Grammy Awards of 18 nominations at the American Music category. Finally, the band was nominated for 9 Billboard Music Awards in 2005, winning 6 of them, including "Rock Artist of the Year" and "Rock Song of the Year."

I like this group because they have a good sound and it is from my school years. When I listen to their music, I remember good moments with my classmates.

1 comentario:

  1. My mom, dad and little brother like Green day!... I used to like them when i was younger... but now i think I don't.
    But,it is good if you like them :)

    ResponderEliminar