martes, 1 de junio de 2010

Valdivia


My favorite trip was when I visited the city of Valdivia five years ago. I went there because I took part in a National Congress of Science and Technology organized by Explora Conicyt. I traveled with two friends from my Highschool on Arica. We were the regional winners with our scientific proyect: “Boron effects on Drosophila melanogaster”.

We stayed two weeks in Valdivia. The first day we visited the University, and there the organizers gave us a tour at the "botanical park”. We met many other young people from different regions who also went to the Congress. The organizers took us to multiple archeological sites, the theater, dances and exhibitions, but the best of all was a big party on a boat in the Calle Calle river. On the second day we discussed our project. The Congress Final was on the weekend, and unfortunately we lost on the last stage. But the experience was great; we met winners of the National Science Award, and also enjoyed fun excursions to the Corral beach, and to museums or monuments of the city, like the Marquéz Castle. We started to really enjoy the trip on the second week; we went to Niebla, were we camped for three days, we sail on the Calle Calle river and we visited villages in the region until we went out of money.

I really ejoyed this trip (although we didn't win), because I was with my best friends. In this trip we took the decision of study at the same University. We have been friends for 14 years.

2 comentarios:

  1. I want travel to Valdivia, I hope go there next year in summer.
    But, for that, I must work :(

    See you!!

    ResponderEliminar